Okay, the whole idea that I had when I started the new set, was to make a multi piece rim design like the real ones. And in case you were wondering, the S on the S/SERIES stands for Splits. There are two main reason why I decided to pursue this rim design. One, painting and customizing the rims will be much much easier for everyone. Everyone can easily do different colored centers if the rims are separated in multiple pieces. Moreover, adjusting the depth of the offset will also be possible because of this. It's really a very nice option for everyone. Two, I thought that casting the rims would be easier since I won't have to worry about perfectly capturing the deep details of the rims (I was totally wrong about this! more details later). I did post a few pictures of the initial set of rim designs on my previous entry, and when I revisited the project, I ditched everything and decided to start from scratch. And here are a few pictures of the new design that I made, these were posted both on Facebook and Instagram and received positive feedback from the community and I was really happy about that.
After a full day of waiting for the resin to cure, I really thought I was out on the clear. I was wrong again! I did not realize that having a two part mold with no proper vacuum/sealing apparatus like the ones used in injection molding, will have a huge impact on fitment. That's one more thing that I have not thought off when I considered having multiple pieces for the rim design.
As you can see on the picture, I have extended the lip (the gold tube) of the rim to act as guide and keep the rear part of the barrel in place as it sandwiches the center piece.